If you wish to see how a couple of years of intelligent investment can turn things around only note that Acer started as an electronic parts supplier only to become one of the biggest notebook manufacturers in the world.
The 1 benefit Acer has over a number of the other brands such as Lenovo or even HP is that you really get fantastic value for money.
So if you wanted a laptop for gaming, business, a Chromebook, if you’re interested in something mid-range yet strong enough to run your apps and games, Acer is the ideal brand.
And in this report, we will help you select the best Acer notebook for each need. Let’s dig into it.
Best Acer Laptop for 2019
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core
- Intel Quad-Core Celeron N3150
Acer Predator Triton 900 (Best Acer Laptop for Gaming)
If the god’s used a laptop for gaming, Acer Predator Triton 900 would most likely be the laptop of their choice.
No, we’re not kidding, it’s that damn good.
Features we enjoy
If there is 1 thing that its 9th Gen i7-9750h 6-Core Processor which turbo-boosts to 4.5GHz guarantees you, it’s devastatingly fast speeds. In tandem with the 32GB RAM means your games and apps will load in mere moments.
However, it is not only the RAM that leads to it. There’s also the 1TB NVMe SSD that guarantees quicker loading and boot while providing you ample space for all your games, profiles and much more.
But what about images?
Well, the strong GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GPU unit combines real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading to offer you extremely realistic images (your gambling experience is going to change forever).
Further helping you like those realistic images is the big 17.3″ Ultra-HD IPS screen that gives you vibrant graphics. That means pictures so realistic people will be asking you, is that a match or are you currently watching a movie?
When you haven’t already guessed that the Triton 900 is not your ordinary notebook, you will find two CNC-machined Ezel™ Aero Hinges on both sides of the display.
These tightly grip the notebook display and enable you to adjust it to a specific angle so that you can view comfortably whether you’re using it in the bed or on a low coffee shop table.
In spite of all that power, the laptop will not become a skillet after hours of Fortnite or Overwatch.
And because the blades are ultra-thin, you can hardly hear them when the going gets tough.
Hit the PredatorSense key and further enhance your gaming experience because it will provide you all of the control ever desired over light, fan speed, overclocking, game profiles and much more.
Tired of latency costing you the chicken meal consistently? Say goodbye to that issue with the Killer DoubleShot Guru technologies. The Control Center 2.0 gives you the ability to correct bandwidth used by each program so that you can keep your pings to the lowest.
What is a game or film without amazing audio, right? For that, the notebook delivers hyper-realistic 3D Sound using Waves Nx. Just plug your headset and trust us, you’re in for a real treat.
- Processor: 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H, 6-core
- Processor Speed: Up to 4.5GHz
- RAM: 32GB RAM
- Graphics Card: GeForce RTX 2080 (8GB)
- Battery Life: 3-4 hours
- Storage: 1TB SSD
- Display Size: 17.3″
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Refresh Rate: 144GHz
- Weight: 9.04lbs
First of all, the notebook’s battery life is extremely disappointing as it has a battery backup of just 3 hours so ensure you have your cord around.
Additionally, you’ll have to spend over $3500. But if you a pro gamer and want a top notch laptop to flow and practice for upcoming tournaments, this one is worth every cent.
- It’s super fast laptop as a result of its 9th Gen i7-9750h 6-Core Processor, 32GB RAM, and 1TB SSD
- The SSD also provides longevity and a great deal of space for the games and other vital files
- Aeroblade 3D technology keeps the notebook from overheating
- The GeForce RTX 2080 8GB GPU supports real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence and programmable shading for excellent images
- Supporting that’s the ultra-HD and big 17.3″ IPS screen
- The CNC-machined Ezel™ Aero Hinges permit you to correct notebook at multiple angles for comfortable use
- PredatorSense enables you to control keyboard lighting, fan speed, overclocking, etc..
- With Killer DoubleShot Pro, you can correct bandwidth every app consumes for lower pings
- The usage of Waves Nx means you get hyper-realistic 3D audio
- It’s an RGB backlit keyboard
- Battery life is only 3 hours
- It costs a whole lot of money!
Acer Predator Helios 300 (A Great Alternate for Budget Gamers)
If you don’t want to invest over $3500, do not worry, the Predator Helios 300 has got you well-covered.
Features we enjoy
It costs about $1000 and yet, comes with ample capacity to run most games. That’s because it too offers the 9th Gen i7 9750H 6 Core Processor which turbo-boosts to 4.5GHz (like the Predator Triton 900).
Then there’s also the 16GB RAM as well as the 15″ Full-HD IPS screen which ensures you can switch between apps smoothly and revel in your movies and games with high quality colours and shadows.
Another feature we love about this notebook is its 144GHz refresh rate that prevents any sort of ghosting or blurring providing you with a clear advantage over most opponents.
In addition you adjust the PredatorSense gives you control over fan speed, lighting, etc..
Additionally, the notebook is VR-Ready and features an RGB backlit keyboard that not only increases the sense but also makes it effortless to play in dim light.
But that’s pretty much it when you compare this to the Predator Triton 900.
- Processor: 9th Gen i7 9750H, 6-core
- Processor Speed: Up to 4.5GHz
- RAM: 16GB
- Graphics Card: GTX 1660 Ti (6GB)
- Battery Life: 5-6 hours
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Display Size: 15.6″
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Refresh Rate: 144GHz
- Weight: 5.06lbs
The GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GPU will encourage a whole lot of the games like Overwatch, PUBG, GTA V and deliver fantastic images at the highest settings.
But then, you might need to play some of the newest, more graphics-intensive names on lower settings.
The 256GB SSD will provide a speed increase when loading games or booting the notebook but doesn’t give you enough space and will have to be updated in the future (which costs you extra).
The notebook also has complaints of backlight bleeding from a number of users.
- Capable of running popular games such as Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, GTA V, etc..
- The 144GHz refresh speed ensures no disruptions due to ghosting or blurring
- 15″ Full-HD display is big and gives you great colours and shadows for a beautiful viewing experience
- It’s VR-Ready
- Get complete control over keyboard backlight colours, cooling, etc. with PredatorSense
- No longer low pings as possible adjust bandwidth based on the matches using the Killer DoubleShot Guru
- The concave shape of the WASD keys makes it easier to get them quickly
- Low storage area
- Backlight bleeding reported by some users
- The cooling fan gets noisy
- Cannot support some graphics-intensive matches
Ironically, the Helios 300 has its drawbacks but considering that it costs less than half the cost of the Predator Triton 900, for almost any budget gamer, this is undoubtedly the perfect pick.